Effective Date: January 1st, 2020
We collect personal information directly from you, for instance when you register with us, and through your transactions with us. We also use common technologies, such as cookies and beacons, in PL to automatically collect PL usage information, information about your device and location information.
Information We Collect
How We Use Information We Collect
- data you submit or provide, including personally identifiable information (e.g. name, address, email, phone, fax, photos, tax ID, social media handle).
- demographic information (e.g. age, gender, college, major/minor, year of graduation)
- web log data (e.g. web pages viewed, access times, IP address, HTTP headers)
- data collected via cookies (e.g. search data and “favorites” lists).
- data about your device(s) (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage, plugins).-data from 3rd parties (e.g. phone type, geo-location via IP address).
We use information we collect:
- to provide PL and its contents and any other information, products or services you request, to make PL better, faster, and more convenient for you.
- to customize content recommendations and offers displayed to you.
-to send you special offers from us, our advertisers and our third party business partners.
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- to notify you when updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it and to contact you regarding your use of PL.
- to improve the services and for internal business purposes.
- for research and analysis purposes.
- to combat fraud/abuse.
- for any other purpose we disclose at the time you provide the information.
We collect this information when you provide it to us while you are using PL. Information may also be collected automatically by us or third parties when you use PL. The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of our PL. When you use PL or its content, certain third parties may also use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include advertisers, ad networks, ad services (Remarketing for Google Analytics, Google Display Network Impression Reporting, Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting) and analytics companies.
We May Disclose Information We Collect:
- To vendors and local businesses advertising on PL.
- To merchants selling on PL.to contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
- To third parties to market their products or services to you if you have not opted out of these disclosures.
- To respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
- To protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of users of PL or the general public.
- With your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users).
- In connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets.
- In aggregate/summary form, where it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Security of Your Information
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of PL, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Additionally, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through PL. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into PL and visiting your account profile page.
You may opt out of PL sharing your information with third parties for their marketing purposes by contacting use at firstname.lastname@example.org and indicating you wish to opt out of such sharing.
PL is not intended for children under 13 years of age nor is it designed to attract children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13.
Changes to this Policy
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits users of PL that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an e-mail to email@example.com with “California Privacy Rights” in the subject line or write us at: 300 Creek View, Suite 202, Newark, DE 19711.
Do Not Track
PL does not support Do Not Track at this time. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
By accessing PL or providing us data, you agree we may use and disclose data we collect as described here or as communicated to you, transmit it outside your resident jurisdiction, and store it on servers in the United States.